Mrs Allen runs our school council, which comprises two children elected from each class across the school. They meet every week and their actions have a major impact on school life.
What is our School Council for?
- The School Council is about:
- Learning to work together
- Learning about democracy
- Learning how to play a positive role in our community
Our school council members have been voted in by their classes because they have the following qualities:-
• Good listener - everyone in class is comfortable talking to them.
• Assertive - the opinions of your class are just as important as everyone else’s.
• Efficient - class discussions must cover a lot of issues in a short space of time.
• Fair - everyone has the right to express a point of view.
• Good communicator - you need to be able to work with staff and students from across the