Frequently Asked Questions
Here you will find the answers to FAQs for Holly Nursery. If you are not sure of something and the answer is not here, do not hesitate to contact one of our team. You will also find some helpful information in the nursery handbook you were given when your child started.
1. What uniform do children wear?
- A maroon sweatshirt/ cardigan
- A blue polo shirt
- A grey skirt/pinafore/trousers/dark-coloured jogging bottoms
- Black shoes that the children can fasten independently (no additional pumps are required)
- Plain grey/white socks or tights.
Please see the uniform page of our website for where to purchase uniform with the school logo on. Please label ALL items of clothing.
2. How do I get into the Nursery?
We go across the Lower School Playground, through the grey gate and follow the path round the back to the entrance door.
3. What are the Nursery times?
The morning session is 8:45am to 11:45am. The afternoon session is 12:15 to 3:15pm.
4. How can my child be helped to settle in?
You can request a pre-visit for your child to see the Nursery before they start. We also give all our new starters a handbook to help your child recognise the Nursery practitioners and learn some of the routines.
5. Does my child need a PE kit?
No. We do not get changed into a PE kit. Children will participate regularly in physical activity and PE lessons (both indoors and outside) but they can do so in their uniform.
6. What is the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)?
This the statutory framework that all schools and early years providers must follow from September 2021. It:
- sets the standards that all early years providers must meet to ensure that children learn and develop well
- ensures children are kept healthy and safe
- ensures that children have the knowledge and skills they need to start school