Frequently Asked Questions
Here you will find the answers to FAQs for Holly Nursery. If you are not sure of something and the answer is not here, please contact your child's class teacher. You will also find some helpful information in the booklet that we give out to all new starters below.
1. What uniform do children wear?
We wear the normal school colours, but we do not wear a tie - we wear a light blue polo shirt with grey socks, skirt or shorts (in the Summer) and long trousers (in the Winter).
2. How do I get into the Nursery? We go across the Lower School Playground, through the grey gate and follow the path round the back to the entrance door.
3. When are Nursery times? The morning session is 8:45am to 11:45am. The afternoon session is 12:30 to 3:30pm.
4. How can my child be helped to settle in? You can request a pre-visit for your child to see the Nursery before they start. We also have a booklet (which is attached below) to help your child recognise the Nursery practitioners and learn some of the procedures.
5. When do we do PE? On a Tuesday and Thursday, we do PE in the hall - during the Autumn and Spring term we do not get changed into a PE kit. In the summer term we wear the school PE kit or other kit by arrangement with Mrs Laidler.