Frequently Asked Questions
Here you will find the answers to FAQs for Reception. If you are not sure of something and the answer is not here, please contact your child's class teacher.
1. What uniform do children wear?
We wear the normal school colours, but we do not wear a tie - we wear a light blue polo shirt with grey socks, skirt or shorts (in the Summer) and long trousers (in the Winter).
2. How much are school dinners?
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are eligible for free school dinners - no forms are needed to be filled in, your child will just need to choose a meal.
3. When is PE? For Willow it is a Monday and a Thursday, for Acorn it is a Tuesday and a Thursday.
4. When is homework given? We expect our children to read every night and do their phonics books, which are given out on a Thursday .
5. When is it expected to be back in? All library books need to be returned on a Friday. Please bring in all phonics books back in on a Thursday, so we can put in new phonemes. Please bring reading books in every day.
6. Do we have a snack? All children are given a healthy snack at around playtime - please could you bring in 50p per week to the class teacher to cover the costs. Thank you.
7. How do we pick our children up after school? Classes end each day at 3.30p.m. Children in Willow and Acorn will be handed over to parents at the classroom door that leads on to the outdoor play area.