Our Vision & Values
Vision & Values
As a school committed to getting the very best for our children, we believe in:
- excellence in learning and teaching of an innovative, varied and creative curriculum, underpinned by the development of basic skills within a vibrant, challenging and interactive environment.
- a warm, welcoming, inclusive atmosphere, full of opportunities, both during lessons and through a wide range of extra-curricular activities.
- the potential of ICT and Music to enhance and extend learning and teaching across the whole curriculum where appropriate.
- nurturing and valuing each individual’s talents, abilities, learning styles, strengths and qualities, based on high, but achievable expectations.
- encouraging everyone to believe in themselves, build self-esteem and allow time for reflection on personal and academic development.
- encouraging values of empathy, respect, honesty, responsibility and resilience; and also respecting the right to hold other beliefs and ways of life.
- creating a safe, secure and inspirational learning environment in which all strive to achieve their full potential, whilst also feeling able to take risks and learn from mistakes.
- developing a consultative partnership between children, parents, teaching and non-teaching staff, governors and the wider community, based on mutual respect and regular communication.
Characteristics Of Our School
By staying faithful to our values we believe we are creating a school where:
- children feel valued, unique and happy, and have a concern for the world community with a strong sense of integrity and morals.
- children are self-confident, self-controlled and show a strong code of behaviour and personal conduct
- everyone feels welcome and can access the full range of learning opportunities, regardless of faith, gender, race or disability.
- The community is both happy and thriving, recognising the contributions of all and valuing every individual.
- children, staff, parents and governors work together as a team within a welcoming, hard-working and inclusive atmosphere.
- children learn from an integrated, interactive curriculum which is taught in a fun and exciting way, by passionate, enthusiastic teachers who are not afraid to break boundaries.
- children are given fluency in basic skills, such as reading, writing and mathematics, which are needed for life in the future.
- children approach all aspects of their lives with optimism and resilience.
- honesty, respect and discipline are promoted and valued and others are treated with kindness and warmth.
- children love learning, strive for excellence at all times and recognise learning as a life-long experience.