Frequently Asked Questions
Here you will find the answers to FAQs for Holly Nursery. If you are not sure of something and the answer is not here, please contact your child's class teacher. Please note the letter about our partnership with the local Children's Centre below. You will also find some helpful information in the booklet that we give out to all new starters below.
1. What uniform do children wear?
We wear the normal school colours, but we do not wear a tie - we wear a light blue polo shirt with grey socks, skirt or shorts (in the Summer) and long trousers (in the Winter).
2. How do I get into the Nursery? We go across thew Lower School Playground, through the gate with a Gruffalo sign on and round the back to the entrance door.
3. When are Nursery times? The morning session is 8:45am to 11:45am. The afternoon session is 12:30 to 3:30pm.
4. How can my child be helped to settle in? You can request a pre-visit for your child to see the Nursery in the school day befor they start. We also have a booklet (which is also attached below) to help your child recognise the Nursery practitioners and learn some of the procedures.
5. When do we do PE? On a Monday afternoon and and Thursday morning, we do PE in the hall - we wear the school PE kit available from the Office very cheaply or other kit by arrangement with Miss Dower.