Frequently Asked Questions
Here you will find the answers to FAQs for Year 3 and 4. If you are not sure of something and the answer is not here, please contact your child's class teacher.
1. What uniform do children wear?
We wear the normal school colours: in Winter we wear a tie, blue smart shirt, grey socks, a skirt and long trousers with a maroon jumper or cardigan - in the Summer we wear a light blue polo shirt with grey socks, skirt or shorts or a gingham dress that is blue with the jumper or cardigan. We always wear black shoes.
2. When do we change from Winter to Summer Uniform and back again?
The Winter Uniform start from 1st September each year. We change to the Summer Uniform from May 1st.
3. How much are school dinners?
We operate a cash cafeteria system to encourage children to learn about money. Children get to choose from 4 or 5 varieties of meals, including two hot choices, salads, sandwiches and fish. They cost £2 for a meal and dessert. Below you will find the prices for individual items.
4. Do we study French?
Every child gets 30 minutes of French tuition every week from a specialist teacher.
5. For Year 4 when is clarinet?
We have a private tutor teaching clarinet to everyone in Year 4 free of charge on a Thursday.
6. When is PE? For Elm it is a Friday, for Cherry it is a Monday and Wednesday and for Poplar it is a Wednesday - after Christmas, Poplar will also have swimming on a Friday for the whole term and PE will be on a Wednesday. After Easter, Elm and Cherry will be swimming on a Friday for the whole term.
7. When is homework given? For Elm it is given on a Friday. For Cherry it is given on a Friday and for Poplar it is given on a Monday... we also expect our children to read every night and learn their spellings.
8. When is it expected to be back in? For Elm it is due back in on a Wednesday, for Cherry it is due on a Monday and for Poplar it is due on a Wednesday. However, sometimes we do vary the days of homework when necessary, but the children will know.
9. When are spellings given out and when are the tests? For Elm they are given out on a Monday and the test is on the following Monday. For Cherry they are given out on a Monday and the test is a Friday. For Poplar, they are given out on a Monday and the test is on a Friday.
10. How do I pick my child up from school at the end of the day?
The Upper School will be open to receive pupils at the time of 8.30am. No responsibility is accepted for pupils arriving before that time. Classes will commence each day at 8:50a.m.
Classes end each day at 3.30p.m. - in the Upper School, parents who wish to have their children escorted home should make their own arrangements to have them met at the school gate and the person to escort them should be at the school no later than 3.30p.m. as the school cannot accept responsibility for looking after the children after that time, unless written permission is given for a club.