Frequently Asked Questions
Here you will find the answers to FAQs for Year 1 and 2. If you are not sure of something and the answer is not here, please contact your child's class teacher.
1. What uniform do children wear?
We wear the normal school colours: in Winter we wear a tie, blue smart shirt, grey socks, a skirt and long trousers with a maroon jumper or cardigan - in the Summer we wear a light blue polo shirt with grey socks, skirt or shorts or a gingham dress that is blue with the jumper or cardigan. We always wear black shoes.
2. How much are school dinners?
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are eligible for free school dinners - no forms are needed to be filled in, your child will just need to choose a meal.
3. What will my child need when they move to Year 3?
See the handout below that we give to Year 2 in July for a full explanation.
4. When is homework given in Cedar?
Homework is given on a Friday and needs to be back in on the following Wednesday. They also have spellings on a Monday to be tested on a Friday morning.
5. Where is the lost property kept?
We keep all lost items by the door that the children come out of at 3:30pm. If you ask a member of staff, they will gladly direct you to the box.
6. When is PE? For Rowan it is a Tuesday and a Thursday, for Cedar it is a Thursday and for Maple it is a Wednesday and a Friday afternoon.
7. When is homework given? For Rowan it is given on a Friday. For Cedar it is given on a Friday and for Maple it is given on a Friday... we also expect our children to read every night and learn their spellings.
8. When is it expected to be back in? For Rowan and Cedar it is due back in on a Wednesday and a Tuesday for Maple.
9. When are spellings given out and when are the tests? For Rowan they are given out on a Friday and the test is on the following Friday. For Cedar they are given out on a Monday and the test is a Friday. For Maple, they are given out on a Monday and the test is on a Friday.
10. How do I pick my child up from school at the end of the day?
School opens to receive pupils at the time of 8:50am. No responsibility is accepted for pupils arriving before that time. Classes end each day at 3.30p.m. - children in the Lower School will be escorted to the appropriate entrance and directed to the person in charge of picking them up, unless written permission is given for a club.